Wine Food Pairing - Turkey, Turkey Woo HOOO!

Wine food pairing ... 'tis the season to start thinking "fowl" and funny thoughts with about the star of the show ...


What kind of music did the Pilgrims like?
Plymouth Rock

Which side of the turkey has the most feathers?
The outside

Why did they let the turkey join the band?
Because he had the drumsticks

Why did the police arrest the turkey?
They suspected it of fowl play

What's the key to a great Thanksgiving dinner?
The turKEY

What did the turkey say before it was roasted?
Boy! I'm stuffed!

OK, I just had an awesome turkey casserole prepared by my good friend Aunt Patti. If I remember correctly she said that it was an old family recipe that she had "tweaked" a bit. Filled with wild rice, turkey (of course) bacon along with cream of mushroom soup, fresh mushrooms, onions and topped with panko crumbs, it was a delicious hearty and savory mix.

It was just the perfect foil for the chilled Cavit Pinot Grigio that I sipped before, during and after this feast. Crisp and in light character with terrifc scents and fruit flavors ... what is not to love about this wine and food combo?

Turkey in all forms make for some super wine food pairing ... gobble, gobble ... it is all about the good times along with the turkey and wine. CHEERS!

2 comments:

Laura in Paris said...

Oh, how funny, I am going to Istanbul (Turkey) in 10 days and when I read the title of your post I thought you were going to tall me what to drink with what while in Turkey ... of course, Thanksgiving was not in my mind! LOL

Anonymous said...

good blog....................................................................................................