Wine Food Pairing - Fried Green Bananas in Guanaja!


My Wine Food Pairing adventures have taken me back to the Bay Island paradise of Guanaja Honduras. This tropical gem called us back sooner rather than later, and let's face it, why resist?

We arrive at our destination of Guanaja after touring the mainland of Honduras for one week and one of the first things on my mind was a chilled glass of something dry and white! Hmmm ... what to do? I asked the manager at the Castaways Resort, where we were staying, for an appetizer and he surprised us with one of their house specialties. He served up a fresh tomato salsa laced with onions and peppers. To scoop up this tasty treat were thinly sliced fried green bananas ... YUMMO!

We paired this with a chilled Chardonnay from Chile and soon my toes were tapping out the beat to La Bamba!

All of this and the stunning water views! Life is good.

Wine Food Pairing, go for the local favorites and enjoy. CHEERS!

No comments: