Wine Food Pairing ... "Olive" my Job!

Wine food pairing ... hmmm ... sometimes "Olive" my job!

I sitting at my computer looking out to the bay enjoying a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio and reading my emails. Now many of my emails are spammy and annoying, but this from Brewski and his friend Randy got my chuckling ... BTW ... they really need to get a job ... a lot of creativity going to waste!

From: Randy
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:02 AM
To: 'Brewski'
Subject: Smoking turkey

Am smoking a turkey tomorrow. Any “SAGE” advice.

Randy


From: Brewski
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:18 AM
To: Randy
Subject: RE: Smoking turkey

1. Be sure to have a new Bic clicker thingy as turkeys are sometimes very hard to keep lit

2. Try to do it on a day when it’s not to Chili

3. I have found that the only brine necessary is for you

4. The above works well if Marjoram and Rosemary or Herb are Cumin over

5. Allow plenty of Thyme

6. Be careful with the Anise as too much will give the bird a crappy taste

7. When your done be sure to Curry the hot bird carefully

8. Serve your creation with Relish

9. Don’t let my advice Rub you the wrong way

10. You should know better than to ask an old Salt

11. The party will be over when Tarragon

From: Randy
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 1:57 PM
To: Brewski
Subject: RE: Smoking turkey

How many awards did you win with this recipe???




From: Brewski
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 7:28 AM
To: Randy
Subject: RE: Smoking turkey

How did the bird turn out??

Brewski


From: Randy
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 11:31 AM
To: Brewski
Subject: RE: Smoking turkey

Well I will tell you how the party went.

One guy got so drunk he tried to bay at the moon.
For flowers we had a bouquet garni on each table
There were some younger parents there so we had a cardamom program so we did not serve anyone underage
Our neighbor chervil do just about anything when she drinks too much
One guy went to the barber to get a dandicut for the party
One couple rode their cow and the cloves from its feet wrecked my driveway
Ginger really liked the turkey
I must have added enough sodium chloride because no asked “Please pass the saltpeter
One guy grew some root crops in his pasture and he brought the horseradish
There was one jerk at the party
We had to use mace on him
Although she is a nutmeg can be fun at any occasion.
We had a magician who did an open sesame trick
One guy threatened to sumac when he caught Mac with his wife out in the woods
We tried to pepper the party with jokes to keep everyone interested.

I cheated and got a spice catalog to write this. I do not have too much time on my hands, I just elected to do this today instead of cleaning the garage.

I overcooked the turkey a little, but recovered by cutting it up, pouring some juices on it and sealing it up and warmed it in the oven. The thermostat on my new smoker needs to be checked. It cooked much faster than turkeys have cooked in the past.

Randy


Oh My .... wine food pairing ... I think I need another glass of wine. CHEERS!