Wine Food Pairing - Cheering for Big Brown!

Wine Food Pairing and the Belmont Stakes... any excuse for a glass of champers!

Houdini and I are cheering for Big Brown ... my trusty Maltese and I are gathered around the TV with a chilled bottle of my favorite, Freixenet and Houdini has a crystal bowl of water on the rocks. For a snack, chicken drummies ... I have a medium heat dipping sauce and Houdini prefers his sans sauce ... he is a purist!

Our anticipation builds as the race begins ... will our favorite be the latest triple crown winner?

And they're off ........... OH NO ......... Big Brown ......... you can watch the race right here .....

Big Brown, our fave, has been pulled up by the jockey and has come in last ... we hope he is OK. What a beautiful horse ..... he'll probably will never run on the track again.

Wine food pairing toasts Big Brown, may you have many happy days servicing pretty little fillies. CHEERS!




No comments: