Wine Food Pairing says Goodbye to Robert Mondavi

Wine Food Pairing .... it is all about the great food and the terrific vintners that come up with wonderful wines that compliment it. I have been drinking wine since I was a child ... my parents pressed their own grapes, but my first serious wine experience came at the hands of Robert Mondavi's White Zinfandel.

A group of women I worked started a monthly get together. We tasted many different wines along the way, but our very favorite was the White Zin by Robert Mondavi. These wine parties began as a way to unwind from a stressful work place (we were paramedics), but ended up with a true appreciation of the grape. As a group, we always had a toast, "Life is too short to drink bad wine!"

All of our parties from then on included something from the Mondavi Winery. His vision of the good life , of wonderful food, loving family and great music, always accompanied by wine is the image I have when I drink and enjoy wine.

Mr. Mondavi recently passed away on May 16th, 2008.

Wine food pairing raises a wine glass to you ... may you rest in peace. CHEERS!

1 comment:

We Are Never Full said...

I didn't even know that was Robert Mondavi when I first saw the pic on your site. What I did think was, "what a great picture of a cute, happy older man that I'd prob. love to hang out with!" RIP, Robert!