Wine Food Pairing – a Spa-licious Afternoon!

It is a steamy hot summer afternoon and what should a girl do when she thinks about enjoying wine food pairing? How about hopping into the hot tub … now a non heated tub this time of year and enjoying cool water along with the great backyard view?

I am fortunate because I have a wonderful backyard looking out over Snook Bay right next to the Gulf of Mexico. Our now “cool” tub sits on the screened lanai protected from the brutal Florida buggies … YEAH! OK, enough of the view and on to the drink and eats!

I decided to do cocktail hour in the pool with a freshly made spinach dip. You know the kind you put together with water chestnuts, thawed frozen spinach, sour cream and powdered ranch dressing mix. Hey, I’m not big on cooking in this heat, so this “no cook” dip was just the ticket! I placed multi grain crackers into a basket lined with a cloth napkin and the “eats” were good to go!

For the beverage of choice, well, I decided on chilled champagne, actually sparkling wine. My very fave is Freixenet and the ice bucket worked great in the tub along with the food. You will have to imagine everything floating around in my blow up ring. It works just fine.

Sometimes when it comes to wine food pairing, you have to use your imagination! CHEERS!

No comments: