Wine Food Pairing - How about Goat Cheese?

Goat Cheese and Wine Food Pairing ...... why not?

Goat cheese is one of the most versatile of cheeses. Sometimes called Chevre, the French word for goat, it has a unique flavor and aroma. For a quick appetizer I sometimes mix this tasty cheese together with some extra virgin olive oil and chop up some fresh herbs...dill is my favorite and mix this in also. To make your guests think you've slaved all day in the kitchen I will pipe, using a baggie with the end snipped off, onto seasoned crackers that I have arranged on a nice platter.

Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill and you have a terrific treat!

I always like to pair this with a Tres Valles Sauvignon Blanc from Chile. It has the bright acidity that jumps out at you and pairs wonderfully with the earthy, tangy flavor of the goat cheese. The best of both worlds!

Goat cheese and Sauvignon Blanc make for a SUPER Wine Food Pairing. CHEERS!

No comments: